Now, there isn’t any right or wrong option. It’s entirely up to you whether you’ve seen a template that looks awesome or would like a bespoke car wrap. Here we’ll run through the pros and cons of both options, so you can decide what sort of vinyl wrap is right for you.
The Advantages of Custom Vehicle Graphics
If you’ve come across WrapUK you are for sure in the right place! Our teams are pro fitters, providing top-quality car wrap design services to capture your unique personality, whether you’re after a slick, stylish, contemporary option or something laid-back and understated.
Templates are suitable for lots of projects, but there are distinct benefits to using an expert detailing team to design a bespoke car wrap:
- Creative design is worth its weight in gold. There is zero chance your tailored car wrap will ever be confused with anybody else.
- Individual car wrap design considers the vehicle, bodywork, shape, and aesthetic ideal for achieving the look you’re after – and WrapUK can push the field of design to recommend concepts and finishes that you might never have considered.
- If you want a genuinely standout car wrap, or a promotional wrap that cannot go unnoticed, a custom wrap designed by a professional team is undoubtedly the best option.
A lot depends on your aspirations. A custom wrap used for advertising can often achieve higher returns if the design is tailored to the vehicle and positioned in crucial spots to catch your audience’s attention.
However, a complete full-body set of car graphics in one uniform colour might be cheaper using a template.
How Car Wrap Templates Work
Ok, so we’re massive fans of creative freedom and opening up a world of possibilities with innovation. But, that doesn’t mean to say there isn’t space in the car-wrapping world for a conventional template.
In short, templates are standardised for different vehicle brands, shapes, and sizes – so they are generally a more straightforward option. That said, we’d offer a few tips to ensure you don’t choose a template over a custom car wrap that isn’t quite right.
Pitfalls of Car Wrap Templates
A template that looks slick on another vehicle might not have the right impact – here are some of the potential downsides to be careful of:
- The font isn’t legible. If you’re looking for a car wrap design that features any wording, logos, contact info or text, you need a vehicle wrap with the correct font size for your car.
- Your colours are in low contrast. Let’s be honest – if you’re keen on car graphics, you want a finish that packs high drama and top-quality style, not an aesthetic that appears watered down.
- The design is too busy. We love a car wrap that breaks away from convention, but there’s a fine line between supercar racing stripes and a magic eye finish that feels distorted. Overloading your car with too many clashing shades can ruin the effect of an otherwise incredible wrap.
- Your wrap isn’t the right quality. There are thousands of vinyl wraps to choose from – including gunmetal, high-gloss, satin and iridescent finishes. To achieve an awe-inspiring effect, the vinyl used must match your goals, so a template in a lower standard material isn’t going to cut it.
If you’re interested in looking at some car wrap templates, the best bet is to give the Wrap UK team a call. We’ll recommend the fastest and most straightforward options to match your requirements, budget and timescales.
Templates can be advisable – for example, if you need to wrap a more extensive fleet or have one set of decals, you’d like to use but want something uniform and discrete for other panels. They’re usually the best option if you have a limited budget or need a speedy turnaround and aren’t too concerned with other elements of individualising the wrap design finish. A car wrap template can be a convenient way of giving your car or truck a facelift. Still, it really depends on what you’d like to achieve.
The Wrap UK Custom Car Wrap Design Process
The most substantial benefit of working with designers for vehicle graphics is that we’re here to listen to your ideas and transform them into reality. WrapUK offers a seamless design process, offering advice about the type of wrap you should choose, with the benefit of our in-house graphics experts showcasing outstanding examples of bespoke car wrap design.
That includes looking at:
- Where to position your colours, designs and imagery for the most significant impact.
- Incorporating a clean, elegant design flow in tune with the bodywork of your car.
- Recommending complementary colours that will work seamlessly together.
Executing an exceptional custom car wrap design is all about the detail, so it pays dividends to work with the specialists who have access to all of the leading UK car vinyl brands. The power of flawless design is undisputed, so it’s well worth reviewing the pros and cons of car wrap templates vs a custom job to make sure you’re getting the best possible value for money.
We have a stack of resources on our site if you’d like to learn more about car wrapping before making any decisions. Follow the links below for further advice around:
- Wrap UK’s Custom Design Service – and how to schedule a call
- Different types of Car Wrapping Vinyl and how the options compare.
- Car Wrap Finance, to spread the cost and make a custom design more affordable.
If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we’ll discuss how to turn your dream car design into something special.
Provide us some base information to get your quote ASAP.